Release includes new features and greater telehealth workflow flexibility
Caregility, a clinical collaboration and communications company focused on providing secure, reliable two-way audio and video communications for any device and clinical workflow, in both inpatient and outpatient settings, announces the release of version 1.5 for its patented UHE platform. Caregility’s UHE platform is a comprehensive, HIPAA-compliant communications system that connects all patient and clinician environments into one universal service. Attached to the service are Caregility’s Access Point of Care Systems (APS), which are purpose-built, two-way, video-enabled devices that can be mounted on a wall or cart, enabling the point of care to be anywhere the patient is located. Combined with the recently announced iConsult Mobile, Caregility’s platform can support virtually any telehealth program, from Intensive Care rooms to a person’s home.
The UHE 1.5 release brings several new features and product enhancements to the virtual care platform, including:
- Content sharing functionality in the iConsult interface that allows users to share their screen with remote clinicians and patients.
- Standards-based, far-end camera control capabilities in the iConsult application that enable third-party hardware such as Cisco and Poly to join the UHE platform, allowing healthcare organizations to leverage existing investments in devices.
- Enhancements to the user interface with over 100 new features, short cuts and accessibility-focused changes in support of Section 508 compliance requirements.
- Windows OS-based software which will enable the support of medical peripheral devices in conjunction with Caregility’s carts.
- Infrastructure and software performance enhancements designed to improve performance and minimize call initiation time.
- Database enhancements in support of advanced analytics for iObserver.
“The release of UHE 1.5 is a continuance in our mission to deliver enhanced features and robust functionality with greater flexibility to help our customers support virtually any telehealth program,” said Bin Guan, CTO of Caregility. “The release also sets the stage for us to rapidly accelerate development, with each of our applications having its own product roadmap and development team.”
Source: Company Press Release